Saturday, September 24, 2011

New WIAC blog

Greetings,

Welcome to my first and probably my only blog I'll ever do (so bare with me, I'm a newbie). When I announced to my wife that I was going to start a blog, she immediately became skeptical and asked why and on what. I could sense the disappointment in her tone when I informed her it was sports related. "Why not do it on something our families will enjoy, like our daughter," she says. I immediately dismissed the idea and thought we'll send out a Christmas letter in a few months anyways. That'll bring everyone up to speed on our failures as parents to potty train and getting her to eat (that's if you don't count her love affair with french fries and M&M's).

What I REALLY wanted to blog about was WIAC football. Something that I have grown to love ever sense I graduated from Whitewater back in 2002. I soon came to realize there's very little out there, as far as resources to get information, analysis, and opinoins about DIII football....let alone WIAC football. Don't get me wrong, there are a few really good websites I visit regularly to get my DIII fix, but nothing really available to get insight on the WIAC specifically. The official WIAC site is great to get information, but its content seems be a lot of dry cutting and pasting of news releases by the school's SID (Sports Information Director). I’m looking to provide readers with something a little more than just boring, impersonal facts and statistics. I hope to get people excited about WIAC football, and persuade people why it's the most competitive, underrated football in the state of Wisconsin that few know about.

So if you're still interested feel free to stop in from time to time and see what's going on around the WIAC. I hope to provide some insight, opinions (this is a blog after all), some bad humor on various topics and match-ups around the WHY-AC. This blog is my last-ditched effort to put my UW-Whitewater Journalism degree to work, so my parents won't think that sending me to college was a total waste of their money. So tell your friends, family and lovers to pull up a chair and dig in.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment